Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Hitting a Groove

I feel like we've started to hit a nice groove in both classes where we can discuss psychology, add in some daily activities, provide some work time, and still get in some good fun along the way.  It almost makes me want to light a whole bunch of candles and dust off my old Ouiji...wait, that's not right.

Sensation and perception used to be my most dreaded unit to teach.  It was full of biology, technicalities, and seemingly confusing terms that I really didn't understand because I was unfamiliar with these concepts throughout my college days.  As I have come to a much better understanding of the various senses, brain parts, nerve receptors, and ways we interpret sensations, I have grown to develop quite a taste for this unit (see what I did there?).

It goes along with the message of this blog post.  In order to hit a groove, sometimes you have to grind one out for yourself.  It's tough to understand the difficult concepts, because they're difficult.  Perhaps grinding through it will help you create your own groove and things will simply start clicking for you.  The only question is, when are you going to start your grind?

No comments:

Post a Comment