Monday, April 7, 2014

Just Fifteen Days

Instructionally, we're done in a mere fifteen days, which gives us a solid five days for review/practice tests.  You can do anything for fifteen days, and I PROMISE, I'll let you do some slacking from May 6th through May 9th.  You've earned it.  We've started personality, and should wrap up with that in the next two days, which then leads into the very interesting topic of psychological disorders and treatment.

I'm concerned with the next unit because last year students didn't score well on it for the AP exam.  This year, I've dedicated more time to this unit so that we may cover more topics in depth and gain a better understanding of these disorders and how they are treated.  My one gripe with the AP exam is that I don't get a full item analysis to be able to tell where students really went wrong or where I have failed them as a teacher so that I may not make the same mistake twice.  So for now, I'll just add more time and see if that works.  Seems legit right?  It is a very interesting unit, so perhaps the extended time will allow for all of you to better question the material and allow for good application of information.

This is fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment